About Me

My photo
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
My name is Laura and I'm an Overseas Property Consultant with Sunsplash Homes. I have worked with the Company since early 2006 and look after my clients by making sure the properties they buy are absolutely what they are looking for. My clients range from an investor looking for the best possible return on his/her money. To the retiree looking for a place in the sun (or hills), to the young family looking for a holiday home. Whatever you are looking for I can help you! I spend a great deal of my time travelling across the world looking at property developments, reading about property developments, studying property developments. Simply put I am obsessed by all things property related! As a bit of background, I spent 10 years practicing as a Solicitor before I moved into International Property. This experience has proved invaluable when it comes to reviewing property developments across the world. I will try as often as I can to write regularly on here; little snippets of my day here and there. All in all I hope this can be of some use to anyone looking to buy property anywhere in the world.

Sunday 19 April 2009

Home is where the cats are!!!

I'm pleased to say this week has been very busy and productive. It was filled with all the usual stuff; meeting clients, signing contracts, helping my clients buy properties overseas, attending training course on developments (in particular some very exciting ones in Brazil & St Lucia, if you'd like some details on those please click here to contact me).

However, one thing I did this week which turned out really well was my "Buy a House – House Party". Bit of an unusual concept. Basically we'd become a bit tired of all the same old same old property seminars. There are so many property companies out there hiring hotel rooms, serving tepid tea and soggy biscuits that we thought we'd try something a little different. My view is that connections should come first, business after. By connections I mean 'real' connections, the type where you genuinely get to know a person and build trust and confidence in them and what they do.

So what we did was copy the age old format from the 'Tupperware Parties' (if you can remember those!?) The format is simple; invite some clients to my home, provide some nice food and drinks, have a SHORT presentation by one of our developers (plus a very knowledgeable pension advisor) and sit back and see what happens. Well what happened was a very enjoyable evening where we successfully managed to mix both business and pleasure. I had a great time and after some great feedback from those who came along will definitely be hosting these nights regularly.

Talking of parties, Sunsplash Homes are hosting a dinner for friends and clients in London on 24th April – if you would like to join us please click here to book your place.


Anyway, after a busy working week I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend and collecting my new cat; Eddie. Eddie was a stray cat I found a few weeks back. When I found him he was bashed and bruised after too many fights so after a few weeks of recuperation with the cat's protection league he was ready to be homed. When no owners came forward I couldn't help but want to take the little guy home to live with me. He is currently curled up asleep in my office – looking as if he's lived here for years!


This week the old adage "home is where the heart is" has certainly proved true, for both clients and cats!!! Until the next time have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. lovely pic of Eddie. Hope he's settling in ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good website, keep up. We at Addhunters shifted this service to a level much higher
    than the broker concept.
    you can see more details like
    this article houses for sale in qatar

    ReplyDelete