About Me

My photo
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
My name is Laura and I'm an Overseas Property Consultant with Sunsplash Homes. I have worked with the Company since early 2006 and look after my clients by making sure the properties they buy are absolutely what they are looking for. My clients range from an investor looking for the best possible return on his/her money. To the retiree looking for a place in the sun (or hills), to the young family looking for a holiday home. Whatever you are looking for I can help you! I spend a great deal of my time travelling across the world looking at property developments, reading about property developments, studying property developments. Simply put I am obsessed by all things property related! As a bit of background, I spent 10 years practicing as a Solicitor before I moved into International Property. This experience has proved invaluable when it comes to reviewing property developments across the world. I will try as often as I can to write regularly on here; little snippets of my day here and there. All in all I hope this can be of some use to anyone looking to buy property anywhere in the world.

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Some emerging hotspots in Asia & S. America?

In recent weeks I've seen a dramatic rise in my clients interest in some very exciting countries. A large number of enquiries are for Asia in countries such as; Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Vietnam.

Another highly desired location is one which has been brewing in popularity for a while, the sun drenched South American land of the beautiful bronzed; Brazil.

Aside from recommending property deals, a large part of my job involves listening to my clients requests and putting together research on their preferred investment Country. That way a balanced and informed decision can be made. Because of this I am in the process of putting together some 'fast fact' guidelines for investing in each of these countries, if you'd like a copy please do email me.

In the meantime here's a little taster indicating why Brazil is shaping up to be more than simply a hot spot from which to view thongs and the Corcovado, one thing's for sure, it's a serious contender in the realms of overseas property investing.

Some fast facts on Brazil;

  • Tourism is one of their fastest growing industries
  • Tourism growth rose 20% in 2008
  • 90% of tourists are currently Brazilian
  • Brazil is the largest and most populated country in South America
  • Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world
  • They are politically stable
  • They are destined to have an enduring phase of economic growth and stability
  • Recent discoveries of oil and gas reinforces economic stability
  • 9th largest economy in the world
  • Have an emerging property market on the verge of a boom
  • International flights to Brazil have increased 13% p/a for the past 3 years
  • Well known as a popular destination amongst the Portuguese, Spanish, Italian & South Americans
  • A rapid tourist growth = huge demand for property
  • Brazil along with China, Russia and India form the BRIC's and will be one of the 5 largest economies in the world by 2050 (as estimated by Goldman Sachs)
  • Brazil is one of the world's largest exporters
  • They are one of the most tolerant countries towards other nationalities
  • Foreigners have the same rights of property purchase as nationals
  • Is the 11th most popular place in the world for UK and Irish investors
     

On a final note we currently have the following hot deals in Brazil;

  • Land plots in Ceara from £7,000 (payable in 3 instalments if required).
  • Land plots in Bahia region on a 5 * hotel for £30,000.
  • Hotel apartments in Bahia region with rental guarantees & finance from £50,000.
  • 2 bed apartments in Maracajau from £56,000.

If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment